The Chicago Sky are back in the WNBA Playoffs for the first time since 2016. Here’s what you need to know about the playoffs below.
2019 WNBA Playoff Format
- The top 8 teams advance to the playoffs.
- The first two rounds are a one-game, single-elimination game
- The top 2 seeds receive a bye and automatically advance to the semifinals
- Seeds 3 and 4 Receive a bye in round one and advance to the second elimination game on September 15th.
- In round 1, No. 8 seed plays at the No. 5 seed and the No. 7 seed plays at the No. 6 seed. These games take place on September 11th.
- In round 2, the No. 3 seed hosts the lowest-seeded first-round winner and the No. 4 seed hosts the other first-round winner.
- The semifinals feature a best-of-five format, with the No. 1 overall seed playing the lowest remaining seed and the No. 2 overall seed meeting the remaining team. Seeds 1 and 2 will host games 1, 2, and 5, and the lower seed will host games 3 and 4 in their respective series.
- The WNBA Finals remain best-of-five and follow the same 2-2-1 format.
2019 WNBA Playoffs begins September 11.
Below is the complete list of 2019 WNBA playoff dates.
The #WNBAPlayoffs bracket is set! 🚨
Which matchups are you most looking forward to? 👀 pic.twitter.com/4ttLfXTdzm
— WNBA (@WNBA) September 8, 2019