GAME HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
● For the second time this season, the Sky did not trail at any point during the game. Its biggest lead of the night was 17. The other game in which the Sky did not trail this season was against the Atlanta Dream on May 19.
● The 92 points scored by the Sky was a new season-high. Its previous season-high came on May 23 when Chicago scored 85 in a loss to New York.
● Candace Parker made her return to the starting lineup tonight. In her first game at Wintrust in a Sky uniform, the forward notched two assists, moving her level with Dawn Staley on the league’s all-time assist list (1,377 assists, 13th overall).
● Chicago had five players (Vandersloot, Dolson, Copper, Quigley, Stevens) score in double-figures in tonight’s win.
● Tonight was the first Sky win at Wintrust Arena since its playoff victory against Phoenix on Sept. 11, 2019.
NEXT UP: The Sky (3-7) and Fever (1-10) will play their second of a two-game set on Saturday, June 12 from Indiana Farmers Coliseum at 12:00p CT in Indianapolis, Ind. The game will be broadcast on WCIU The U as well as Amazon Prime Video. Following Saturday’s game, the Sky and Fever won’t see each other again for over three months due to the Olympic Break. Chicago and Indiana will close out their respective regular seasons with the third and final game of 2021 between the two teams on Sunday, September 19 Wintrust Arena.
● After the Fever cut the deficit to four points midway through the opening quarter, Chicago went on a 14-2 run over 3:31 to extend its lead out to 15.
● Indiana went on a 10-3 run in the third quarter to cut the Sky’s lead to eight.
● After Indiana brought the deficit back down to four, the Sky ended the third quarter on a 9-2 run to push the lead back to eleven.
● Indiana went on a 8-5 run in the fourth quarter to bring Chicago’s lead back down to eight.
● Chicago went on a 10-2 run over the span of 3:24 to extend its lead to 16.
● Sky recorded nine assists on nine made field goals in the opening quarter.
● Chicago had ten points off of six Indiana turnovers in the first quarter. It finished the game with 19 points off of turnovers.
● The Sky’s bench scored ten of the team’s 25 points in the first quarter. Chicago’s second unit outscored the Indiana bench 40-9.
● Chicago shot 51.4% from the field in the first half. This was only the second time this season Chicago shot 50% or better in a half.
● Indiana outscored Chicago 38-24 in points in the paint. Coming into the game tonight, Chicago had outscored its opponents in the paint in five of nine games.
● Chicago went 9-23 from downtown in tonight’s game. The nine made three-pointers were a new season-high for the Sky.
● Chicago scored 25 points in the first quarter. It was its highest scoring first quarter since May 30th against the Los Angeles Sparks.
● Sky held the Fever to only 12 points in the first quarter. This was the lowest scoring first quarter total that Chicago allowed all season.
● Dana Evans recorded her first field goal in a Sky uniform with a three-point field goal with 1:24 remaining in the first quarter. She finished the game with a career-high nine points.
● Sky recorded nine assists in the first quarter. Coming into tonight, the most assists Chicago had recorded in a game was 22.
● The Sky ended the second quarter with 26 points. It was the team’s highest-scoring second quarter of the season (previous high was 24 at Washington on May 15).
● Every player that checked in for the Sky tonight scored. Courtney Vandersloot led the way for Chicago, scoring 17 points.