Years Pro: 4
College/Country: Notre Dame/United States
Drafted: Los Angeles Sparks (No. 19 overall in 2019)
2023 SEASON OVERVIEW: The Sky traded for Mabrey on February 11, adding her outside shooting and scoring ability to the starting rotation. Mabrey rewarded the Sky by averaging a career-high 15.0 points per game, the second-highest average on the team this season.
The former Notre Dame guard also averaged 3.6 assists and 3.7 rebounds. She also knocked down a career-high 89 three-pointers this year, shooting 39.0% from deep (5.8 3-FGA). Her 89 threes this year are the most in a single season in Sky history, surpassing Allie Quigley, who recorded 80 in 2019.
In addition to being the Sky’s second-highest scorer, she ranked second on the team in assists (140) and in total field goals made (202).
Mabrey set several of her career highs this season, including putting up two 30-point performances. She scored a career-high 36 points against Indiana on June 15, hitting a career-high 14 field goals. Her 36 points in that game are the fifth-most in a single game in Sky history. She later scored 32 points on August 8 against Dallas.
In another of her most impressive performances, Mabrey scored 28 points and recorded three steals in a June 6 win over the Fever. She tallied a season-high eight assists on May 28 against Dallas.
When Mabrey scored more than 15 points this season, the Sky were 13-4. During a span from August 22-29, she led the league in three-pointers made (16) and shot 50.0% from deep. In the final nine regular season games of the season, Mabrey averaged 16.2 points, 3.4 assists, 1.0 steals and 0.7 blocks, shooting 47.8% from the floor and 45.3 from three (7.1 3-FGA).
2023 SEASON MILESTONES:
- May 30 — Reached 300 career defensive rebounds
- June 15 — Recorded the fifth-most points in a single game in Sky history with 36 points
- June 15 — Reached 500 career made field goals
- June 15 — Reached 200 career made three-pointers
- June 30 — Reached 600 career three-point attempts
- August 6 — Recorded a 32-point game, her third career 30+ point game
- August 8 — Reached 450 career rebounds
- August 18 — Reached 400 career assists
- August 24 — Reached 250 career made three-pointers
- August 29 — Was the league’s leading three-point shooter (16 makes) across four games from Aug. 22-29
- September 5 — Tied Allie Quigley (80) for most three-pointers made in a single season in Sky history
- September 8 — Surpassed Allie Quigley (80) for most three-pointers made in a single season in Sky history with 83
- September 10 — Reached 50 career blocks