CHICAGO (November 13, 2023) — Ten Chicago Sky players are currently participating in domestic or overseas play this offseason. Below are the listed players, their respective teams, league and country.
View all the below information and more on our overseas website here.
- Marina Mabrey — CBK Mersin Yenisehir Belediyesi (Turkey-KBSL, Turkey)
- Elizabeth Williams — CBK Mersin Yenisehir Belediyesi (Turkey-KBSL, Turkey)
- Dana Evans — Besiktas JK Istanbul (Turkey-KBSL, Turkey)
- Alanna Smith — Emlak Konut Istanbul (Turkey-KBSL, Turkey),
- Morgan Bertsch — Spar CityLift Girona (Spain-LF Endesa, Spain)
- Taylor Soule — Fila San Martino Di Lupari (Italy-Serie A1, Italy)
- Sika Koné — Perfumerias Avenida Salamance (Spain-LF Endesa, Spain)
- Robyn Parks — Beretta Famila Schio (Italy-Serie A1, Italy)
- Courtney Williams — Shaanxi Red Wolves (Weinan, Shaanxi, China)
- Kahleah Copper — USA Basketball Women’s National Team exhibition roster
Most Chicago Sky players participating in offseason play had a break in their schedules this past week. Marina Mabrey, Elizabeth Williams, Dana Evans, Alanna Smith, Morgan Bertsch, Taylor Soule, Sika Koné and Robyn Parks did not play a game this week.
Mabrey, Williams, Evans, Bertsch and Koné are next scheduled to suit up on Nov. 16. Smith, Soule and Parks are next scheduled to suit up on Nov. 19.
Kahleah Copper and the USA Basketball Women’s National Team exhibition roster participated in training camp in Atlanta from Nov. 7-9 before taking on Duke for their second and final exhibition game.
Copper once again started for the exhibition roster in what turned out to be an 87-58 win over the Blue Devils. Copper led the team in scoring, tallying 21 points on 77.8% (7 of 9) shooting from the floor and 80.0% (4 of 5) shooting from the three-point line. In two exhibition games led the team with an average 16.5 points.
These events served to evaluate the 2021-24 USA Women’s National Team player pool prior to naming the 2024 Paris Olympics roster. The team is off for the holidays before regrouping in January ahead of the FIBA Women’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament, which begins Feb. 7.
Courtney Williams recorded a pair of solid performances, but Shaanxi went 0-2 this week. On Nov. 8 against Guangdong, Williams scored 23 points while adding six boards and three assists. On Nov. 12 against Fujian, Williams led the team with 27 points, also recording four assists and two steals. Williams and the Red Wolves are slated to play again on Nov. 14 against Inner Mongolia.
Sky players currently overseas are a combined 50-19 (.725 win percentage) with their teams so far this season when joining their team.
HOW TO WATCH:
EuroLeague games can be viewed here.
EuroCup games can be viewed here.