IB – Imani Boyette Answers
JJ – Jordan Jones Answers
1. Describe a fun fact about you…
IB – I love to cook! I’m a 35 year old housewife on the inside.
JJ – I love dressing up around the house, dancing and singing, pretending to be other artists and entertainers.
2. What is your favorite college memory?
IB – Winning the 1000th game in school history and dancing in the confetti with the alum.
JJ – Receiving my aggie ring with all the girls who I came into college with
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
IB – I wanted to be a singer.
JJ – I wanted to be and still would love to be a lawyer.
4. Who or what inspired you to play basketball?
IB – My family inspired me to play.
JJ – My family inspired me to play basketball. My extended family, friends, teachers, mentors, and other players inspired me to continue playing.
5. What is your favorite television show and why? Do you binge watch shows on Netflix?
IB – I totally binge watch things on Netflix. I love The Flash, my husband and I watch it every Tuesday together.
JJ – Scandal, Law & Order Svu and One Tree Hill — I binge watch all of these shows on Hulu and Netflix.
6. What other sports are you interested besides basketball?
IB – I love gymnastics even though I can’t even do a tumble, I respect their athleticism and strength.
JJ – Track, Football, Volleyball and Golf
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
IB – My grandmother’s cube steak, hot water cornbread, and mashed potatoes.
JJ – Chicken, yams, greens, cabbage, cornbread and red velvet cake.
8. How do you spend your free time?
IB – I love to read and write.
JJ – At the gym or binge watching my favorite TV shows.
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
IB – Space
JJ – I would choose to live in Vermont.
10. Do you have any nicknames?
IB – Mani, but that’s basically my name.
JJ – Juice, JJ, JoJo, Juice Jones, J, Jordiee, Shorty, and Jo.
11. Who is your favorite musician or artist?
IB – I love Drake.
JJ – Beyonce, Michael Jackson and Fred Hammond
12. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?
IB – Radio, food & a book
JJ – My bible, a yacht and cooking supplies.
13. Have you ever been to Chicago?
IB – I’ve been when I was a child but I don’t remember. Apparently, I need to try the pizza?
JJ – I have been to Chicago. My sister lives out there. She is an aspiring actress participating in plays in the Chicago area. I went to her play, visited the big bean, and strolled down the park. It was very cold but very beautiful and loud. My favorite memory would have to be seeing her and going on all the train rides and walks in the cold winter air. It was very different from Texas.
14. If you weren’t a basketball player, what career would you like to have?
IB – I would want to be an accountant.
JJ – I would aspire to have a career in criminal justice law or sports law.
15. How can fans follow you on social media? Which platform do you use most frequently?
IB – I use instagram the most; @imanitrishawn, Facebook; Imani Boyette, Snapchat; prettybeasty, Twitter; @imaniboyette
JJ – Fans can follow me on twitter @J13_J24. I do not have an Instagram.
16. Who was your favorite WNBA/NBA player growing up?
IB – Lisa Leslie and JaVale McGee
JJ – My favorite WNBA player growing up was Lisa Leslie, and my favorite NBA is Kobe Bean Bryant a.k.a. The Black Mamba.
17. Did anyone else in your family play sports competitively?
IB – My little sisters both play volleyball, my little brother plays basketball and football, my brother plays basketball for the Mavericks. My uncle played for the saints, my cousin played for the Jets and the Bears, my other uncle played for the Vikings. my aunt played in the wnba. my mom is in the hall of fame for basketball.
JJ – My brother, Matt, plays basketball for Duke University. My youngest brother, Mason, is currently receiving offers from D1 institutions to play basketball.
18. What are you most looking forward to as you start your WNBA career with the Sky?
IB – Playing for a coach that believes in me and learning from great players such as Elena Delle Donne.
JJ – First and foremost, I am looking to compete and earn my spot on this team. I am looking forward to earning the organization, coaching staff, the players and the fans trust and giving my all to them every time I step out onto the court. I am most looking forward to sustaining the legacy that current players and former players have created. I want to add on to that legacy..
19. What was one of your biggest challenges, in life or in basketball, and how did you overcome it?
IB – My biggest challenge in life was battling abuse and depression. I overcame it by acknowledging my pain, speaking about it, and seeking help.
JJ – One of my biggest challenges in life has been dealing with death because I love everyone so deeply it just hits me harder and stays with me longer. Basketball-wise my biggest challenge was tearing my ACL and having to sit out and rehab. I overcame that with my faith in God, my family, my teammates and my friends.
20. What do you want to be remembered for?
IB – I want to be remembered for being a great athlete that used her sport to spark change.
JJ – I want to be remembered for living the best life that I can by fulfilling the purpose God has set out for my life. I want to love like I have never been hurt and live as if there is no tomorrow.